Thursday, April 26, 2012

Acid Wash Nails

For these nails I took the idea of distressed nails and made it to look like jeans! Enjoy!


1) Paint your nails with a blue color. I used Revlon Colorstay in Indigo Night.
MINI RAVE- this nail polish is great! After one coat (first pic) the nails where almost opaque. If I applied a thicker coat I bet that's all I would've needed if I was just wearing this color.
2) Apply another coat of the blue. This will help to not get to your bare nail as fast.
3) Apply a white color on top of the blue. I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White.
4) Dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover and gently swipe away the white. Be careful not to get to your bare nail. 
5) Top coat! I used OPI Nail Envy Matte because it gives a nice natural finish- I didn't want something super glossy or completely matte.
And you're done!

Thanks for viewing!
~Beth


1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome idea, I have to try it to because the effect is excellent, I like it more as by a crackle polish!

    ReplyDelete